HEALTH & FITNESS ARTICLES
Fast Fat Loss
Most experts agree that safe and effective weight loss is approximately 1 to 2 pounds per week, on average for an ongoing weight loss program. Amazing claims like you see on TV infomercials are almost always followed by a disclaimer saying that these results are NOT typical. That means that most people should not expect to see similar results by using those products.
The good news is that there are several safe strategies that can be used to maximize fat loss. By making these part of a healthy lifestyle, not only can you lose unwanted fat forever, but you can significantly reduce your risk of several illnesses and diseases. You should begin to feel better and have more energy within a short time.
So here they are…the 10 “Secrets” to getting the fat off:
10) Determine your appropriate daily caloric intake. It all starts here…This is based on your daily activity level, gender and current weight and adjust accordingly. Age and physical conditions may factor in as well. Consult a nutrition professional to determine your accurate caloric requirements.
9) Eat small, frequent meals, preferably 5-6 over the course of the day. After determining your correct daily caloric requirements, divide that by 5 or 6 to determine the correct intake for each small meal.
8) Drink lots of ice water – Start with a large glass or two, first thing in the morning, since you’ve been dehydrating overnight. Work slowly up, trying to increase to 3 to 4 quarts per day. Sipping ice cold water throughout the day will help facilitate faster fat loss.
7) Reduce fat intake, especially saturated fats. Determine what your total fat intake should be from a professional and reduce saturated fats (generally found in red meats and dairy products) as much as possible. Read food labels carefully and understand serving size.
6) Exercise daily at the appropriate intensity for 45-60 minutes or longer, as advised by your fitness professional. The best exercise intensity range for burning or utilizing fat as the fuel source is approximately 65-70% of your maximum heart rate. Always warm up and cool down for a few minutes before this type of exercise.
5) Strength train, 3 times per week, to build lean muscle. This may seem daunting for a beginner or anyone new to exercise, but it can be accomplished effectively in as little as 20 minutes, 3 times per week if an effective protocol is used.
4) Find ways to reduce your daily stress level. Meditation, quiet time, massage, enough sleep, exercise, yoga, walking and stretching are all examples of ways to relieve stress.
3) Increase your fiber intake. Fiber plays an important role in fat digestion, absorption and expulsion.
2) Be cautious with low fat and fat free foods. Control your portion size. Don’t eat a whole half gallon of low fat ice cream, just because it’s low in fat grams per serving. Your body will convert all that sugar and any non-used calories to fat.
1) Do ALL of the above to lose fat fastest! There is a significant synergistic effect from implementing sound nutrition, exercise and stress management strategies at the same time.
This article was provided by Assured Fitness Personal Training
For more information on Assured Fitness Personal Training, check out their full profile here.