Do you need a confidence boost? Here are a few tips…
* Look for a model (someone who has self confidence) and learn from them. What is it they do that makes them confident, how do they act?
* Focus on your achievements rather than your failures. If you do find yourself thinking about how you failed then look at what you managed to do right and how you could correct what you did next time.
* Learn how to feel good about yourself
* Act as if you were self confident! You will feel more confident.
* Focus on who you are and what you like about yourself. Why do your friends like you?
* Prepare thoroughly for any task so that you can be sure you are ready.
* Work on any skills you need to do what you want, you can never be overtrained or over skilled for any challenge in life.
* Work on your relaxation skills
* Always smile and stand up straight
* Set reachable goals for yourself and break difficult tasks into smaller steps
* Reward yourself when you succeed no matter how small the achievement
* Finally, I advise you not to be too competitive or compare yourself with others. Be yourself and accept that life is not a race against others but your self confidence depends on you and your personal needs.